Simply Having A Wonderful Christmas Time!

Posted by mmog37 | 2:04 PM


As I sat in front of the fireplace, snuggled up on the big comfy couch with the misses and the children, I couldn't help but feel warm and cozy.  Although the flames were happily dancing about the logs in the fireplace, it wasn't their heat that had me feeling warm.  It was an inner glow that started as a smile and grew into a full fledged feeling of contentment and happiness.

 Over the years we have had our share of trials and tribulations, the loss of a child, death of a sibling, physical challenges and even losing almost every material possesion we owned.  As devastating as many of these events were, we faced them all together helping and supporting each other.  These "trials" drew us closer together and even made us stronger.  Most importantly these trials helped us realize the treasure we have in each other.

 This Christmas I can honestly say that not once did I ever think about or look forward to recieving any gifts, because I realize that second to God's Love, I already have the best gift a man could have...the love of a good woman...and children who still run into my open arms even when my hands are empty.


 Today, as I am looking forward to the close of one year and the start of another, my desire is that my family and I continue on this journey called life together, and that we continue to cherish and appreciate every moment we have with each other.  I don't know what awaits for us in 2009, but as long as I have God and my family I say...Bring It On!

Happy Holidays